If you’re interested in migrating to Australia, here are some interesting facts about the land Down Under.
- Australia’s population is growing by 500,000 a year and is currently around 24 million
- Australia is growing faster than any other nation in the OECD
- Australia is the sixth largest country in the world but nearly 91% of it is covered in vegetation
- Australia has 19 world heritage sites, including some of the world’s oldest rainforests and around one-third of the world’s protected marine areas.
- Favourite Australian phrases are: “No worries” (no problem), “arvo” (afternoon), and “g’day” (hello)
- Australia’s biggest employer is the retail sector
- Australia is home to 83 million sheep
- The most popular sport for kids is swimming
- Australia is home to the world’s largest cattle station, Anna Creek Station, which at 34,000 square kilometres, is bigger than Belgium
- Australia was the second country to give women the vote